Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dangerous app / app removed / Google rant
From me Fri, Sep 2, 10:00 PM

Hi Bianca

If you do not have any details available to help there is not much I can do to fix that. I assume that it is another department that marks the app as stalkerware and that you are left with the task to explain your policies.

One thing you can do for me though, is to answer a couple of questions:

1. does my screenshots in previous mail contain a prominent disclosure?
2. does my app not provide a persistent notification when executing commands?
3. does this not indicate that I in fact do comply with your policies?

To test the above questions takes less than two minutes. You have now spent more than 2 weeks without telling me more than I break the policies. Considering that I have spent years on this app, I really would appreciate if you could please use a couple of minutes on my app.

Now, assuming you tried my app and answered YES to above questions don't you think it would be fair to escalate this case up the command chain? I am honestly curious of why the policy team consider my app to be in violation. I really do believe that your policy team has made a mistake. And again: if I have made a mistake I would love to fix it.

I hope you decide to spend a few minutes on my case.

Thank you

q:o) Theis

P.S: on a personal note I think it would be much better if you combined your developer support and policy control teams. From my perspective you say I break some policies, I provide some proof that I do comply, and you respond that you have no further information. And all this takes more than 2 weeks. If the person (or more likely AI) who reported the policy violation also provided an example or some details this could be a much smoother process. I am not blaming you Bianca, but I think your organization could improve a lot.
From Google Mon, Sep 5, 6:44 PM

Hi Theis,

Thanks again for contacting the Google Play team.

I appreciate your feedback regarding Google Play Policies and Guidelines. At this time, my team is unable to comment on the compliance of your planned implementation. I encourage you to use the following guidelines and policies when uploading a new version of your app:

Google Play Developer Program Policies

App Rating Guidance

For auditing purposes, we won't be able to reinstate apps that have been suspended due to policy violations. You'll need to upload the policy compliant app with a new package name and a new app name.

Please note that repeated violations may result in a suspension of your Google Play Developer account.
From Google Sep 6, 2022, 7:41 PM

Thanks for contacting Google Play Android Developer Support.

Please take a minute to answer this short survey about your satisfaction with our support, as we'd like to know your thoughts about what we're doing well and how we can improve: https://support.google.com/googleplay/an...XXXXXXXXXX

If you're not fully satisfied with the resolution of your case, or if you need additional assistance, you can skip the survey and reply to our last response to reopen your case. We'll be happy to help.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback!

The Google Play Android Developer Support Team